Need Help Choosing an Equine Lawyer?
Here are some suggest for choosing an equine lawyer:
- Choose a lawyer who has special knowledge and expertise in horse activities and the laws concerning them. Other attorneys simply do not have the knowledge, skill, judgment or experience to help with equine matters.
- Choose a lawyer who actively competes in horse shows and has competed for at least 15 years. (Why would you choose a lawyer who is not actively involved in the industry.)
- Choose a lawyer who earns at least 75% of his or her law practice revenue from equine matters. If you go to a lawyer who receives less than this amount, you won’t get an expert.
- Choose an attorney you trust. Nothing is more important in a lawyer/client relationship than having a lawyer you trust.
- Choose an attorney who provides excellent service. Anything less is not acceptable.
- Choose an attorney who will answer all of your questions. You won’t make good decisions if your questions remain unanswered.
- Choose an attorney who will return your phone calls quickly. You should never hire a lawyer who won’t respond promptly to your needs.
- Choose an attorney whose office is located in California.
- Choose an attorney who has roots in the equine community. This attorney cares about his reputation and is more likely to be available in the future when you need help.
- Choose an attorney who is a respected source of equine information – one who has dedicated his or her law practice to helping you understand how the horse world works and how to protect yourself within that unique world.
- Choose an attorney who can provide you with free educational materials about equine law. An attorney who takes the time to educate you cares about protecting you in the future.
- Choose an attorney who charges fair fees. If the fee is too low, the attorney may be leaving something out. And if the fee is sky high, the lawyer may be overcharging you.
- Choose an attorney who offers free initial consultations. Shouldn’t you be able to talk with the lawyer for free before you decide whether to hire him or her?
The attorneys at Hey & Hey satisfy all of the above criteria. Polly and Randy have over 27 years of experience in the horse industry. They will make every effort to resolve your matter without going to court; but if a court appearance is required, Randy, who has tried over 100 cases, will gladly represent you. Hey & Hey will help you every step of the way.
Ultimately, you must choose a lawyer you are comfortable with. The key to Hey & Hey’s successful law practice is the quality of their relationships with clients. Hey & Hey Attorneys at Law make choosing an equine lawyer easy. Good communication reduces anxiety and helps bring cases to a successful resolution as quickly as possible. Hey & Hey’s primary focus is to listen to you so that they can better understand your needs. In that way they can fulfill their goal of providing you with the best possible representation.
With their knowledge and experience, Polly and Randy can help allay your fears and lead you calmly and confidently to a resolution.
“Many attorneys include equine law as a sidenote to their practice, but Hey & Hey Attorneys at Law specializes in the full range of equine law services. We also have nearly 30 years of experience in the horse industry.”